Wednesday 4 February 2015

Minecraft Hoenn: Part 34/43: Route 128

Part 34/43 of the creation of the Hoenn Region in Minecraft.

So, route 128. This is a relatively short update. I mean, there are only 14 screenshots compared to the usual 40-60. But route 128 is the access route for Ever Grande City which hosts the Elite Four Pokemon League. If you have been reading my posts you may have read that I'm breaking the habit of leaving the project for a few days after updating. Well, I worked on the project the day after. And then left for another three days. So I'm still trying to break the habit. Plus, you may have read that I wont be getting the re-make of Pokemon Ruby, Pokemon Omega Ruby until the project was over. Well, I couldn't help myself and I'm getting it tomorrow. But anyway. This post may seem a bit lacking so apologies for that.

ROUTE 128
 
(Image sourced from Bulbapedia)

Route 128 is an east-west route that leads the player to Ever Grande City. It is 240 blocks wide and connects to route 127. It is wider than route 127 and is one of the widest in Hoenn.

Fun fact. If you read above I said I worked on this project the day after and then left it alone continuing my bad habit. Well all I did in the first day was clear the water. That's it. How pathetic am I.

Three days later... 
Actual construction begins. All of it was done with MCEdit. But as a way to save even more time I put all the dirt (imagine they're rocks) in and then carve away. It's easier to carve away than to keep adding especially when you're using coarse dirt which isn't normally available in MCEdit.

Notice in the above screenshot how it's all square and in the screenshot below it's, erm, rounded off. Well not rounded off, it is Minecraft. Just carved away.

You may be wondering how I place coarse dirt in MCEdit in the first place. Well, I clone it from another area after placing it in-game. 

Also another change is that within the rocks is stone instead of gravel. This change comes as if I ever need to tunnel under a rock the tunnel won't be constantly blocked with falling gravel. 


Sandy islands. This whole thing took just one day. I could have posted this update 4 days ago. (laughing).

The underwater area. All carved out. 

Partially filled because...

The Seafloor Cavern. I completely forgot about it. However there is both good news and bad news. The good news is that it might fit because it doesn't have levels. The bad news is that walking into some doorways or openings (in the gameboy game) seem to deposit you in a random room. And there are about 9 rooms. For now though the Seafloor Cavern remains unbuilt.

FINISHED PRODUCT
All finished. And as always it looks great. 

The render distance is set to the maximum of 16 chunks. Yes, I'm still on a 32-bit operating system. I really need to upgrade. 


Coming soon. Ever Grande City and the Elite Four. 

Progress so far.


Stay tuned and subscribe.
PS: Check this project out on Planet Minecraft.

Or you can now download a preview here:

If you have any tips for improvement please don't hesitate to share. It would be greatly appreciated. Next: Part 35 features Route 129 and Route 130.
After That: Part 36 features Route 131.
And After That: Part 37 features the Sky Pillar.
75% Complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment